Keyanna and I have been awake since 3:30 AM. Just couldn't sleep anymore, partly due to fact that it's the middle of the afternoon at home I'm sure. But also because of all the thoughts racing through our minds. Will he reach out for us? Will he let us hold him and squeeze him tight? Will he cry? I'm sure he will. This is a very traumatic day for him, leaving all he has ever known for people and places that are completely unknown and quite possibly terrifying. But he will learn that his old life is not what is best for him. He will learn to let go of his fear and rest in his Daddy's arms (and Mommy's), and experience peace and joy. Kind of like us, God's adopted kids. When we learn to let go of our fears, that our old life of sin is not what is best for us, when we learn to truly rest in and be satisfied with our Father and Christ alone, we begin to experience unimaginable peace and joy. And oh how much joy the Father has when we enjoy him! I can hardly wait to experience that joy with Nathanael... when he looks at me with love in his eyes and hugs me tight. I know I must be patient and our Heavenly Father is patient. He never stops reaching out to us and pursuing us with his love.
Toys ready for Nathanael.
View from our hotel room. 21st floor.
Kunming, China. It's got that small town feel, don't it?
You can see our entire hotel in the reflection in the building across the street.
Another view. Looks like this building has a little hat.
Yes, I drank this Coke from the mini fridge at 5 AM. I know it is going to cost me about 3 dollars.
Hi Troy and Keyanna. This is Katie (Spottswood) Woodruff. Matt and I are so happy for you guys adopting. We have a deep desire to, we have tried to get the ball rolling twice and twice a big financial problems arises. I think it is God's way of saying not now, Matt thinks it is Satan. :) Whichever we do plan to adopt and we really would like to from China, but we will see where God leads us when it is time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for y'all!!! I can't to see a sweet picture of Nathanael!! I'm praying for y'all!!!
ReplyDelete