Welcome
Welcome to our blog. Our God can move mountains. He has done so in our life and still does. If this is your first visit to our blog, I invite you to read our adoption story from the beginning by clicking the Older Posts link at the very bottom of the page.
Favorite Bible verses
Romans 8
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba ! Father !" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. (NAS)
Ephesians 1
5 His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure. (NLT)
John 14
18 [Jesus said] "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (NAS)
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba ! Father !" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. (NAS)
Ephesians 1
5 His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure. (NLT)
John 14
18 [Jesus said] "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (NAS)
Thursday, January 27, 2011
And now... the moment we have all been waiting for!
It's Thursday. Before I tell you about the day's activities, I HAVE TO TELL YOU THE BIG NEWS!! Nathanael let me hold him in my lap today. HOORAY! Yes! Yes! Yes! Once again, God is showing us his love. In Ephesians chapter 1, God's word reminds us that He works all things after the counsel of His will. Did you get that? ALL THINGS. Once again God is whispering to us, "Trust me." In fact, he is not just whispering it now, he is screaming it. "TRUST ME!!"
Here's how it happened. Keyanna was in bed reading her book ("Choosing To See" by Mary Beth Chapman which she says is a great book for her to be reading right now on this trip). I was sitting at the computer catching up on the day's college basketball scores (UNC Tar Heels won!). Nathanael was walking around on the floor and playing. In other words, opening cabinets, pulling everything out and pushing any buttons he can find in the room. The boy loves pushing buttons! We can't even get the TV to come back on anymore. I think it might be broken. Anyway, I was feeding him crackers, so he would take one and walk away. Then he'd come back to me for another cracker. Whenever he wanted another cracker he would walk over to me a pat my leg. So I was having fun with him, talking to him, and making silly faces and noises to make him smile. Then I reached down and lifted him up over my head. What's he gonna do? He smiled. Not wanting to push my luck, I immediately set him down. Then I lifted him up again and again and again, each time immediately setting him back down on the floor. He continued smiling and even laughed. Let's take it one step further, I thought. Next time he came back for another cracker, I lifted him up and couple of more times then I set him down on my leg. Then I started boucing my leg giving him a horsey ride, you know. He liked that so I set him back down. He acted like he wanted more so I did it some more. Then I didn't set him back down!! He just sat there. I knew it would happen eventually but after these first few days I never expected it so soon. How great would it be for me to walk out into Nashville airport holding my son!? Now that is a God-sized dream. But one step at a time. Like I said before, it is His plan, not mine.Whatever God's plan is, right now in this moment (and always) I am a happy daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! What a precious gift from the Father... LoVe it!
ReplyDeleteSo thrilled, man! Won't be long before he grabs hold of your leg and won't let you go out the door to work.
ReplyDeleteWait a sec, you don't go out the door to work.
Troy the video is priceless. I have cried a river reading and following this blog, and for those that know me well and think I am so HARD, well, if this doesn't show you God at work, nothing does and that touches my heart:) I look forward to reading your blog and seeing God at work every day. Praying for safe travels and more precious bonding. Love you guys, Jackie
ReplyDelete