Hong Kong airport at 5:55 AM
Waiting with no control in this situation at all
We have our tickets and we are sitting at the gate. First flight is departing in about 3 hours from now.
I went to buy some sandwiches and when I returned Nathanael's short nap was already over.
There was an older man sitting behind us at the gate, and Nathanael took an immediate liking to him.
The same man actually ended up sitting right behind us on the plane as well, and he helped entertain Nathanael during our 11 hour flight to San Fran.
We pulled a balloon out of our suitcase to try to pass the time for him.
Everyone around us kept telling us how cute he was, and Nathanael just loves the attention (as long as Mommy is in sight and nobody tries to pick him up).
He let me hold him for a few minutes while Mommy was gone to the bathroom. He didn't know Keyanna had left, and in this picture he did not yet know she was back.
On the first flight to SF. Nathanael was a ball of energy.
Hard to keep this boy still for long
He was actually VERY good for first flight. He slept twice for 3 hours each time. So for about 6 hours of the flight he was asleep. Keyanna and I watched Secretariat on the movie screens, which was a pretty good movie when you are captive on an airplane. In between naps, Nathanael let me hold him while he and I ate cheerios.
Getting close. We start to see land!
Golden Gate Bridge. Hooray!
Finally back in America
Here we go. Nathanael is about to officially become a U.S. Citizen!
I snapped this picture and was quickly told, No pictures! I knew it, but couldn't help myself.
At the gate for our next flight now. Another 3.5 hour wait. I was excited to eat some American food so I left Keyanna and Nathanael at the play area to find some. I ate an entire 10 inch pizza with Italian sausage, onions, red and green bell peppers. It wasn't the best pizza, but that particular day it was SO good.
Nathanael found some new friends to play with at the Kids' Spot.
Sometimes he just entertained himself.
Starting to get bored and tired
Looking at the airplanes
Plane like the one we flew on over the ocean from Hong Kong. We sat in the 2nd row from the back, which was great because there were only 2 seats on the side instead of the normal 3. On the very last row directly behind us sat the man we met at the gate in Hong Kong. He lives in Chapel Hill, NC which is cool because I am a UNC college basketball fan. The Tar Heels were playing Boston College as we were waiting and boarding the plane in Hong Kong. I was checking the score, and the Chapel Hill man asked me about the game. The Tar Heels won easily, so that was one highlight of the long day.
One like we are about to board for Washington, D.C. This plane also only had 2 seats on the the each side with a few seats in the middle. So nobody for Nathanael to grab. Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment